Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Entrance Slip - Embodiment/Aesthetics

I think embodied learning can be incorporated in sciences in general. In fact, I see great potential in using them. A lot of times, the sciences are very theoretical in natural, and it is very hard for students to visualize the content and concepts; therefore having a difficult time understanding and/or growing an interest towards it. For instance, as the article suggested, by adding some aesthetic example, the students may pick up on the WHY part much more quickly than a boring proof or paragraphed. I would love to incorporate 'fancier' examples or demos that triggers the sense of students, hoping to get their interests higher. However, I don't necessary think movement will help too much. I could just be my misinterpretation of the word movement or simply a lack of knowledge. Perhaps movement will help in teaching physics? I just can't think of examples where movement will help in specific manners in subjects like bio or chem.

No comments:

Post a Comment